Monday, April 5, 2010

My latest Sestina-


With No Regrets
-a Sestina

We love to love and all the rest
Living life with no future or past
Who knows the scars we find in life?
Never seeking out forgiveness
We give, we take, we play with love
My love was born with no regrets

You fan my flames that burn regrets
And now before we soon will rest
Prepare our feathered bed for love
That what is now will soon be past
Should we ask for some forgiveness?
Or till the furrows of our life

So offer up a toast to life
Though morrow we may have regrets
As the wind blows new forgiveness
The forest trees will bow and rest
And bring new life to cover past
Revealing strong and earnest love

How should we feed eternal love?
As we devour even life
Turn not our heads to glance the past
My love I do have some regrets
And must confess them then to rest
Not that you need give forgiveness

Who is worthy of forgiveness?
This question rests with you my love
Try to remember all the rest
This journey we have made through life
Now I confess my small regrets
Mistakes I have made in the past

And sleep forever in the past
And company with forgiveness
And so cozy with the regrets
And surly missing all our love
And thirsting for the gift of life
And closing dark eyes to the rest

If love would dream of Human past
Streams of life would flood forgiveness
Then drown regrets and put to rest.
-R. William Lindsey

No comments: